If my decisiveness causes divisiveness, then come what may because I've lived too much of my life in the gray.







Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Nothing particular came to me...

     I had 2 friends message me today and blow me away with words that inspired me, of liking the "raw" in my writing.  One, well, we raised most of our children together, times of pure fun like playing in the river and picking blackberries that still make me want to breathe in the fresh air of the mountains.  I esteem her highly as the best of people, and to think, I almost lost her because of my simple misinterpretation.  I surely have had substantial hits in losing contact with people I yearn to have back, so I'm glad God saw fit to return her to me.  The other, a schoolmate I haven't seen in over 20 years, sang in our wedding.  I never knew her to be anything short of nice and believe that she has become just the kind of person I love to be around.                                           
     I didn't think I had any one thing to "blog" (BTW, you'd think there could be a prettier word in the universe to use in the place of "blog") about tonight.  As I drove to and from practice, I kept coming back to the warm feeling it brings me to be enveloped by people who are the facets of my past and the delights of my present.  I keep my Facebook friends to a minimum and am desperately happy to have connections to these "chosen" ones because so very many of them hold a special piece of time for me and are people who have firmly embedded themselves in the eternally valuable things of life, but have not snuffed out their humor and adventure in doing so.                                                                                      
     Over the past fews weeks I've gotten some other surprising comments, so now I have a "short list" (of people "I" aspire to imitate) who are telling me, "Do this."  I'm really not sure what "this" is but it does rise from the profound sense of freedom I've gained dealt by a man who no longer disapproves of me and my eccentric ways (although he has always asked me to write).  I do feel things pulling together, an ease, something outside of these walls.  It's always been family, family, family - as it should be.  I hate, though, that I had periods I thought (or didn't even have time to consider either way) that "friend" time is overrated.  At this point in this life, friends, new and old, most of whom are the kind who have befriended my best friends, our children, are whispering for me to fly and have no expectation that I will fall... and I can't do anything but sit here and smile about that.

1 comment: