If my decisiveness causes divisiveness, then come what may because I've lived too much of my life in the gray.







Thursday, January 27, 2011

Febfest!

     A good bit of time has been spent in the last days planning what is our Feb(ruary)fest.   See, 4 of the children's birthdays are in the same week - 11th, 12th, 15th, and 18th!  I have answered, "Yes," to the question of May being good for us. ;)  I will say... 2 of them were induced, but not so they would be in any special week.  (The reason for the inductions is very much why we won't be having more babies of our own.  Mom at risk on blood thinners and bed rest is no way to raise children.)                                                                
     Since we were "mountain folks" when all these were born, a traditional ski trip this time of year is practically "mandatory".  Since Mike has always been a Nascar fan, a trip to Daytona and the Bud Shootout has become the birthday boys' new thing, along with gettin' on screen while they're there.  Since Macklynn was so weak (and just ate the whole time because of ultrahigh doses of steroids) for his birthday bowling last year, he wants to go back with our new next door neighbor, Trevor; turns out Trevor's b-day is the week before Macklynn's and he's invited him to the circus - good deal!  Through sports and youth, Michael and McKala (4 days shy of being Irish Twins) have met some good kids and can't wait to have them over for some HarperHouse fun!  The girls staying over with McKala will wake, God willing we've made it that far, to throw a breakfast party for young Maddy Z, with gourmet coffee, make-overs, and even new undergarments. ;)  Then, Miranda has decided to sweep her away for an afternoon movie.  She, they all, would love to swim but I haven't gotten that far yet.  So, if you're trying to track us down in a couple of weeks, have fun with that 'cause we're on the mend and ready to throw down!
     This time last year we had a kitchen fire, Macklynn would soon fall very ill with meningitis AND encephalitis, then our marriage would suffer it's biggest crisis.  This year I'm remembering all that and having a better time in the name of surviving it.   We will have a load of fun and memories, but what I really wish I had done was written down and kept the exact date each child (5 of the 7) laid their lives before Christ.  THAT is a real birthday, much like celebrating the Resurrection as opposed to the Birth.   I hope it's a tradition our children will decide to make in their own families one day.                                                                        
     Another thing about this February is that we have 2 extras to up the fun.  With any real fun, risk comes into play.  As I walk through each day thinking of the details of each child's life, I try to remember that every decision could change the future instantly.  I AM the perfect example of  "God watching out for children and fools".  It makes me think of not only the mortality of our children, but also, my own.  When each of the children was tiny, I had the confidence that I was "needed" or "irreplaceable" here on this Earth.  In watching and hearing about what appears to be random deaths of people much better than I, I know that my dedication of every moment and thought DOES matter.  I know where my final destination lies, but I never want to assume that my position as "mother of many" automatically ensures that I won't put myself in a situation of early departure.                      
                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment