If my decisiveness causes divisiveness, then come what may because I've lived too much of my life in the gray.







Friday, January 21, 2011

I can hardly ever say that I am officially in a bad mood (for reasons I might not have even fully comtemplated), but today was the day.   8 sick children sick in differing degrees, who keep turning their new Skype on me (who is wearing a huge shirt around with no trace of feminity about me and carrying around a sock for my nose because all the paper goods are obsconded everywhere I look) for their Daddy to see, will do that.  It started to turn around for me when I went on the front porch to make a call and discovered that the temperature is comfortable and the sun beaming.  I got a kick out of watching the guinea eat under the bird feeder with the "regular" birds.  Warm tea I thought would help, but not nearly as much as the smell of sausage balls and cupcakes the girls were cooking when I opened the door.   Even better was the hug I was giving Manuel after a punishment he got and felt Macklynn (who is normally quite rambunctious) hugging "me" and patting my back.  The trip I will take in a few to take one to a victory party and the other to practice might seem mundane to some, but to those Moms who have little ones and no one to stay home with them, just the ride, I know, seems an excursion of pleasure.  Oh, and I'll be getting some tissues on my venture out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment