If my decisiveness causes divisiveness, then come what may because I've lived too much of my life in the gray.







Sunday, March 6, 2011

Rethink

     I spotted the perfect window chair several years ago in Pennsylvania.  It was huge, beautifully floral, the seat extending the length of one's legs.  Today I'm content in this loveseat that was MawMaw's by the window overlooking the pond.  Granted one window is broken, but things tend to happen like that when haphazard Miranda's around.  It's pretty neat to see what I'm content with now.  Losing most everything in one fell swoop (3 years ago) will do that.  Looking out into the rain, all I see is how green everything is going to be.  I've already found, not just the beginnings of buttercups, but also of tulips, lilies, and peonies.  Having a guy who hauls flowers has its benefits.  Again, these are attentions for years I considered to be in vain because they weren't mandatory.  Now, they've fallen in my lap in pieces or broken, and it's our pleasure to "nurse them back" to become part of our home, which isn't truly "ours" - another one of those things that I'm more than content with but never imagined I'd be so comfortable in.                                                                   
     This really is the first time things have slowed down in many months - holidays, parties, appointments, illnesses, games, revisitations, house guests - and I almost feel myself resisting the overdrive mentality.  Satan prefers that because when we're spread thin, small damages begin happening, under the radar.   Our "New Year" starts now, I suppose.  Our marriage is at ground zero again.   The kids and I have a variety of things to cover.  I've made no real progress in changing my body (only noticeable change is that the nursing wonders are gone, which did minimize my big arms and waistline that run in the family to start with) and a menu, what's that?  We've become dependent on food that's convenient, especially when we were in the midst of stuffy noses, fevers, vomiting, or a tight week.  Savings, what's that?  I will say I like it when the frig gets empty, using up all the tads of this and that, cleaning it spotless.   I think I've become something of a master of squeeking by and actually enjoy the  challenge.                                                                                                                    
     March could be less than fascinating with Harper happenings.   It'll be our time to dig deep and be ready for the next battle, because you and I know it's inevitable.  We're looking forward to a few things like having a thank you pizza party, finding forgotten treasures in the attic, building a slide into the pond, raising more calves, and maybe staying with Mike some in hotels.   We used to travel up and down the east coast to stay a week or so wherever he was working.  We got a little spoiled but gained some acquired tastes and the ability to prepare the house & pack up in 6 hours.                                                                                       
     So, I got to read a part of the Bible I never have today.  I haven't ever made it all the way through Psalms.  128:3 says, "Thy wife shall be as a fruitful vine by the sides of thine house."  It doesn't say,"IF she has the perfect man."  I've GOT to remember that.  Right now, I'm eyeballing the great, big box of things I'm to leave at the end of the drive for the boys tomorrow.  Madalynn reached in it and grabbed their Vaseline and said, "This is for thems cheeks."  I paused and said, "Yes....it is."                                                                                                                             
    

No comments:

Post a Comment