If my decisiveness causes divisiveness, then come what may because I've lived too much of my life in the gray.







Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Phone is Ringing

     See, in having all the little ones, I missed most of the big ones' games and in so doing, missed some new friendships forming.  McKala (freshly 14) has this "guy" calling every few minutes, but come to find out, he's been standing on his bed just to keep a cell signal... too funny, but not as funny as when he called yesterday and said, "S'up?"  I said holding back a giggle, "This is Michelle."  "Yes, ma'am."  I'll take being mistaken for a 14 year old anytime, though.                                                                                               
     Maybe I do have some young girl left in me - McKala has been "ripping" songs for my mp3.  God knows I need something to get me on the move.  I'll say that 2 long nights of sleep (with the exception of the false smoke detector alarm), an organized house, and well children does a lot for the state of my health.   I ate well today, but didn't have the 3 hunger pangs.  Miranda made me a heavenly cup of hot chocolate for tonight.  I told her that as long as she keeps her "cross out of her cleavage" and my car out of the ditch, she'll continue to be my devine.  Something that I regard as much as a good cup of  homemade hot chocolate is a well built sandwich with Blue Plate Mayonnaise and my dear Mom brought us 2 huge jars of it from Georgia.  I won't deny myself certain things, just amounts of certain things.  Of course, if the government had it's way, we'd all be living on "its" dollar - fat, happy, and stupid; not even considering revolution (which we actually have some experience with)....which leads me to trucking; interesting that there are subsidies for farms and everything else under the sun.  Fuel goes to $4.00 p/gallon for truckers, which doesn't automatically ensure an adequate surcharge.  The more independent drivers go under, the more drivers union companies will get and we all know what that means - big money support for the liberal minded.                                                                                                                                                    
     Oh, good news today, Diamond, our horse, is now in an Equine Sanctuary.  The neighbor, who would've been the one to transport him back to where he came from, came by today for a visit in the carport (which I know isn't something new construction offers much, so I'm sorry for those of you who don't have the carport "experience").  He couldn't get over Macklynn's Big Wheel, with Razor back wheels, "drifting" like mad round and around Mike's truck.  They figured out that every 53 laps was 1 mile and he was working on 2.   He's also the one with the Percheron and glad to be able to work it after his truck was struck by a train, cab ripped off the frame, caught fire, and was rescued by the workers where he was delivering.  Think it's his fault for getting hit?  It's just a matter of time 'til each of us has a lapse in judgement.  When I think I've had all I can handle, I hear stories like this and become thankful for every misfortune and what it brings to the table.                                                                                                                                                       
     And another "oh", I forgot my public service announcement for the day.  Poor Melody (10) has cooked so many things lately that haven't "panned" out.  She's been looking forward to having lasagna and I suggested as a matter of convenience that she use the "no boil" pasta.  Don't.                                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment