If my decisiveness causes divisiveness, then come what may because I've lived too much of my life in the gray.







Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Yesterday I hardly had a thing to say, then...

     Turns out yesterday (or "one day backwards" as Macklynn puts it) wasn't that average since I was able to report on Facebook that I walked in on Madalynn kissing the mirror in her sister's super red lipstick, Michael made two very real looking knives with handles, Miranda nailed the job at Cookout, McKala and I did some shopping, and Mike called to say was swinging by the house just to watch a movie with me.                                                                                    
     I was pretty out of it when he arrived at midnight, so we had our movie date this morning.  We finally got to see "Avatar" and the end was too scratched to finish!  What part we saw was entertaining and something like an Indian Tarzan in the bottom of the ocean.  SciFi is limited to the imagination we were given, so nothing is really "new".  We can't handle the mind of God and won't know much more 'til the afterlife.  Even then, I still don't "have" to know; to be in His presence is enough.                                                                         
     I'm not sure why deity is cast so often now as female.  Are we not confident in our position enough to just "be"?  We're givers of life and able to do virtually anything, not that we always "should".  Although I can't find it right this second, I know the Book says that the weaker shall be first in heaven.  I'm good with that.                                                                                                                                     
     I don't often "do" movies because my mind drifts to reality.  Even today, we were interrupted by Miranda with her right side pain and a call that the "social worker" for the boys wants to meet here tomorrow am.   Seems that the end of the movie wasn't intended for us anyway since we needed to go to the ER.  With some symptoms little Madalynn was having, I felt like she should ride along and I was right.  The doctor drew in a breath when examining her ears and said her infection had returned with a vengeance.   On the other hand, it seems Miranda was a little blown off.  An ultrasound has been scheduled for tomorrow, right about the time Megan (20) has her interview with the director of The Nationwide Series.                                                   
     Kudos to "K" for holding down the fort while we were out: cooking, cleaning, and watching.  She has everything, and more, it takes to be the "Nanny" she wants to be.  I hate there has been so much surviving instead of thriving around here, but in the end, surviving well IS thriving.                                                      
     Sweet Madalynn has thrown up both doses of Augmentin and woke from her nap screaming, "I can't see!"  Her eyes were sealed shut.  I think we should head back to town, out and about late like true Harpers.

No comments:

Post a Comment