If my decisiveness causes divisiveness, then come what may because I've lived too much of my life in the gray.







Friday, February 11, 2011

McKala

     McKala is 14 today, our 3rd baby girl.  She doesn't take anything; has no problems SEEING black and white, wrong from right.  She'd fight 'til death for what's best for a child; been raising money for a home of expecting teenagers with nowhere to go, since she was 9 or so.                                                                 
     SEEING is pivotal to her birth.  We had two 10 lb babies before her, even a homebirth, but insurance led us to an OB/GYN with an assisting midwife.  God knew I would need this change.                                                                                                                                                       
     All is forgiven in Christ but circumstances often persist and because of something I should've never risked in my youth, I had to have her by emergency section.  The condition could've been managed, but when she came more than 2 weeks early, I knew what was coming and had not prepared.  Mike was on a trip.  I called my mother, got in the tub, and shaved my legs.  Off to Henry County we went.                                       
     She came hard and fast.  We couldn't let her come out the birth canal for fear of blindness and weeks of hospitalization with other complications, even death.   I was quickly wheeled into the OR, Mike not having arrived yet.  I remember them prepping me, panicked that the doctor wasn't there.  They strapped my arms to the table, begging me not to push, but my body was lurching involuntarily.  I was afraid looking around wildly and pleading with God.  Seared into my memory is my arms pulling against the straps with unmeasurable surges of energy from my body that were going to cause damage I and the nurses had no way of stopping.  The doctor rushed in and I was out before they counted to 5.  They cut her from me saving her from a dangerous beginning and when I woke up, SEEING unharmed eyes on mine was all I needed.

1 comment: