If my decisiveness causes divisiveness, then come what may because I've lived too much of my life in the gray.







Thursday, February 3, 2011

Heart Day

     With all this talk about heart health in February, I have to go back to my New Year's resolve and back it up with the fact that my grandmother, her sister and mother, had heart attacks before they were 40.  They were tobacco users, my great grandmother a "chewer" down there in 'Bama and lived 'til she was 92....hmmm.  No smoking or chewing here and I love most all healthy food but I have only spurts of exercise frenzy.  It's "40" for me this summer and as much as appearing competitive with women who " haven't" had 7 children could be nice, not dropping dead would be nicer.                                                                                                                 
     It's interesting that so much talk is of Mike and "his" heart trouble, requiring a catheterization this time last year, and needing an overview of his "electrical" system now.  As mentioned before, I've felt indispensable at times, but after seeing the kids' performance this month, I know I'd better get with it to live up to "indispensability".  That's not to mention the example I can set taking care of this, one and only, "temple" and the "attitude" that follows a healthy body that is more intimate in the awakened awareness of each muscle and vibe.   Friday morning needs to be my day.  I love to exercise, all the little people sleep through the night, and I have no sickness at all, so I'll get my butt in bed in hopes that tomorrow will make it smaller.                                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment