If my decisiveness causes divisiveness, then come what may because I've lived too much of my life in the gray.







Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Mayo Mom

     Wow, so I entered this contest that required a video audition and I know I'm living a supersize me, but good heavens, I'm big ...standing there holding a mayonnaise jar smiling like a possum (I did win an award for the possum smile in 6th grade ;) 
     The interesting thing is that before I left, I thought I look pretty decent.  I'll repeat myself from this morning's Facebook post, I'm way bigger than I feel.  But the camera don't lie, well maybe a little, but 10 pounds ain't the problem here. 
     My arms are huge, runs in the family.  Honestly it does.  Good thing I started using Michael's weights after we cleaned the garage and could get to them!  I've told myself and I know it's true for others, if we attack the problem areas, we automatically feel better.  So, I guess my aching muscles fooled me into thinking a T-shirt looked okay!
     Another thing I do is revel over that 5 or 10 pounds I've shed, get a few compliments, and fall right back into my old groove.  It never takes me long to feel sluggish and unattractive/unavailable to my husband again.  When I get back on track; the metabolism I find, the energy I find, the sweat I put out are all affirmations that I don't need much food at all.
     The food I need is the same food in smaller portion.  I already eat whole foods.  From the garden, I have ample access to vegetables, so I need to ramp them up and lower the carbs and, yes, even the good ones. 
     My life is just too good to let self consciousness be a part of new memories.  The kids are growing too quickly to not run and play with them.  Vacation is too seldom to hide behind a towel at the beach.  Mike is too good to me now to not lay my body back at the altar of marriage.
     My Facebook profile picture is the year before Mike and I married.  My arms draped across his shoulders look so natural, so do his hands around my waist, making it look so small.  Since then I've had a few reasons to neglect them, but anytime I put my interests and pleasures above those of my husband's, I'm cheating on him ...yeah, with food.
    Striking that pose in the mirror giving my best 2 dimensional angle just doesn't cut it anymore.  Life is 3D.  Scales don't lie.  Excuses don't matter because we gotta face 'em.  Time is what you make it, so make the time. I know all this because I have plenty of experience getting back into shape ...yes, 7 babies, 3 with excessive weight gain.
     In the audition, my hair looked ...what's the word? ...anyway, not good!  I told our girls I had to make my hair bigger because fat people's heads look small, but I guess it fell with the humidity, lights, and prespiration.  I know people think I should cut it but my inner voice tells me my body should match my hair, not my hair match my body.  There's a girly girl screaming for me to stop crushing her with all the weight!
     In a couple a minutes, I'm headed to the basement to that bench and bar.  I have to clear my mind because it tells this body what to do and right now it's looking at a whole lot of housework, but "looking" like a housewife really sucks.  So, I'll get to those tasks a little later and I'll cook a meal we all love a little after that ..."little" is the key word here.  A little here, a little there and I've got a little me, the original sized, instead of supersized :)

No comments:

Post a Comment