If my decisiveness causes divisiveness, then come what may because I've lived too much of my life in the gray.







Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Alone

     Have you ever been in a room full of people and felt alone?  Were you thinking how impossible it would be for them to understand what's happening in you?
     Have you ever sat still because you were afraid if you moved, you'd mess everything up?
     Have you ever lain still because you didn't want to change anything about the feeling of God's presence?
     Have you ever remained still because you weren't willing to settle for less?  Do you know how if feels to go it alone?
     I read today:  "Our world is looking for love.  As human beings we need to love and be loved.  But we're looking in all the wrong places.  We look for it from a parent, from a child, from a sibling, from a spouse, from a lover, from a friend, from a pet.  But our parents grow old and die, our children grow up and live their own lives, our siblings move out and on, our spouses are too busy or too tired, our lovers become jealous or bored, our friends are superficial or selfish, our pets can't speak or counsel.  Who can truly understand the need of a human heart?  Who can meet the need of our heart?  Where is love found?  Jesus revealed to Nicodemus the profound insight that love is found in the heart of God."
     Have you ever wanted approval more than love?
     Have you ever had something to say and were prevented?
     Have you ever stopped to consider that God wants you to Himself?
     "Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.  The troubles of my heart are enlarged:  O bring thou me out of my distresses.  Look upon mine affiction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.  Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.  O keep my soul, and deliver me;  let me not be ashamed;  for I put my trust in thee.  Let integrity and uprightness preserve me;  for I wait on thee." ~  Psalm 25: 16-21.
     Is "no" continually your answer and you don't know why?
     "Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger:  thou hast been my help;  leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.  When my father and mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up.  Teach me thy way, O Lord, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies ...Wait on the Lord:  be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart:  wait, I say, on the Lord." ~ Psalm 27: 9-14.
     Have you done some of your best Bible reading in tears? 
     Then you're not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment