If my decisiveness causes divisiveness, then come what may because I've lived too much of my life in the gray.







Monday, April 4, 2011

Michael Strong, this one's for you

     I'm interested that you asked to be my "friend" knowing how vehemently I don't believe what you do believe.  I'm unsure if you are of the "if you can't outtalk 'em, 'friend' 'em" philosophy.  I am sure that I like your "feisty" compliment, so this one's for you.
     My "friends list" is small.  I've deleted or ignored a couple of hundred people.  I've decided I like the intimacy of the truth and have recently thrown all caution away to be intensely personal.  Afterall, I'll be 40 this summer.  It's time to figure out what I'm doing, give it some kind of definition.
     Indeed, I'm very conversative, "ultra" if you wish to use the term, BUT in some unorthodox ways.  Even in this small farming community we've found ourselves in, fully embracing the lifestyle, people aren't sure what to make of us.  We won't be involved in the local churches' Easter egg hunts because the resurrection of Christ deserves more than a Pagan tradition taken over in the name of Christian fun.  (I don't care for the parading around in pretty dresses that day either as if we are impressing God somehow in what is much less than a show of humility.)  But I won't cause a stir. 
     You mention diversity and its changing dynamic in America.  Muslims, as well as ones from other faiths, should not come here (even be born here) and think that it is their right to deteriorate the grounds that America was founded on.  Those "fathers" were just mortal men as we are and are relentlessly criticized for every small thing, but that does not negate the perfection of their intentions.  Tell me what is so wrong with honest Biblical doctrine.  I see the same ugliness that you do in those who twist the Word of God for self satisfaction.  The subject that causes the most devisiveness seems to me to be the one of homosexuality.  It is very much a topic of uncleanliness and departure from the intended structure of family and complimentary love.  I've tried several times to listen (Sirius radio) to reason on it, but the language is virtually always too vulgar to bear.
     In our year spent renting in a "diverse" neighborhood, I came away with some lasting friendships with hispanic women.  I also saw the outlandish abuse of and the heavy burden laid on our social services.  We were part of those services for over a year after my husband's aortic bypass.
     On the environment, I believe the vast majority of us are terrible stewards of the blessings bestowed as God presented His creation to us.  However, I know that no amount of "saving" the Earth will prevent its annihilation.  No amount of Utopian thinking will prevent it.  To take for granted any beautiful or needful thing that is available to us is something of a sin.  I cringe at the thought of purchasing materials for "craft" projects, for "decorating", for dressing "just so", for the sake of owning every new "trinket".  If you take a while and read back in my blogs, you'll learn my thoughts on simple living.  Again, I don't cause "stirs" over these things.  I just don't participate when I can get out of it.
     Please, do me the service of reading "old authentic" books, as the one from 1881 I mentioned, along with our family and see how many good "white" men abhorred slavery and died in its name.  Also the tribute that was given to black forefathers is notable and sometimes "blotted out"...in the name of rivalry to benefit would be sympathizers? There is this prevailing culture that we "white" people owe "black" people.   In terms of retribution, my own grandfather was nothing more than a cotton sharecropper.  Remember Mrs. Hanson? -  Alan Wood's secretary, my mother, picked cotton with her hands as a child.  If anything, our daughter has had a taste of reverse racism.  A coworker has no use for her and went as far as to tell her that since she was done with her work that our daughter would do hers.  The fine thing about that is ours is almost 5'11, looked her right in the eyes and said, "I will not".   The character I mentioned instilling in the children is what let her managers know that the accusations of laziness were unfounded and absurd.                                                                                   The presidency - he doesn't have the experience of work or life to be considered a "wise" man.  I don't either.  It is frustrating for me and so many to have to choose "the lesser of two evils".  You will always be able to come up with your side's facts more readily than I.  In surviving "life" lately, I mostly pick up pieces of info here and there.  And that's due much to the fact that I don't have time for TV nor like it on.  You'll find that I can't remember names and I suck altogether at quoting, but I assure you that once I get a gut feeling from a source, it stays with me.
     Give me not just "your" system, but any and I will "buck" it.  Nothing will ever convince me that a bigger government will solve the resounding issues of today or any other day.  I've had brushes with those who will take an offering, waste it, and come back for more.  No amount of "handouts" will ever usurp the strength of "handups", which those of faith should be more willing to volunteer.  Institutions, even churches, can be disturbingly self serving.  Schools, public or private, were not founded on the best of what's to offer.  For the children's sake, in the case of illiterate or depraved parenting, I can see but not as a convenience in the industrialization of society.  Not even hospitals are beyond my critique.  I did choose homebirth once and it was cherished in my realm of experiences.  I was glad to know that medical professionals were available had an emergency played out.  And that is just my point, a need.  Why are we lazy, mindless victims?  There is so much we can do for ourselves without relying on and being in debt to the "higher ups".
     So, Mr. Strong, I am swiftly becoming a woman of middle age who wrestles with 30 pounds like they're the end of the world and is desperately trying to find a comfortable place to restore hope to my marriage.  I have been entrusted with 7 phenomenal souls to launch hoping their highest aspirations are to honor God daily in honoring themselves, their abilities, and their fellow man.  I'm preparing them to lead, to be trailblazers...and if they are not chosen to lead, to be wise enough to know who to follow.  I love everything about the outdoors and can get pretty exhilerated over what I'm able to observe and get into.  I fancy the thought that all I will be accused of is occasionally missing relevent moments of teaching, liking good food too much, arriving behind schedule, and staying up too late.
     I'll let you be you, if you'll let me be me.  I'll not call you "Lawyer Strong" if you'll not mention how "obvious" it is that I'm NOT a lawyer.  I suppose we could work off our comments as we learn what there is to like in each other's view of the space we share.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment